AP Calculus AB and BC- Advanced Placement Calculus is a set of two courses in calculus namely AP Calculus AB & AP Calculus BC offered by the American organization College Board. Calculus AB is an introductory college level course. AP calculus BC, includes all AB topics and covers few higher-level concepts above the AB course. Both courses necessitate a deep understanding of topics such as limits, derivatives, integral calculus and their real- world application. Many colleges in the USA and UK also offer college credit for a good score in AP exams. Taking the AP calculus tests will help students at university, especially for gaining credit.
CourseLeap is offering a preparatory course in AP calculus AB and BC. The course offers in depth understanding of all the topics along with strategies important to solve questions on the AP tests. The course emphasises the key ideas for precalculus and calculus leading to a mastery of key threshold concepts. In this comprehensive course students will learn calculus engaging live with instructors, recorded lectures, and graphing calculators.
Who is it for ?
- Students who are in grade 9 – 12 across all curricula
- Pre-university students looking for gaining credits in college
- Bright students in grade 9 who have been exposed to accelerated Math courses and are willing to challenge their knowledge can seek special permission from CourseLeap advisor
* This course is equally valuable as pre-college courses for students across diverse curricula. This includes Indian national boards: CBSE/ ISC/ICSE or int’l boards such as American boards, IGCSE, MYP, IB Diploma-Applications and Interpretation Course if they are applying for select universities and courses requiring advanced calculus studies.
Strengthen skills in Pre-Calculus that includes: high school advanced Algebra, Functions and Trigonometry
Gain familiarity with key ideas of Calculus
Develop mastery over AP Calculus AB/ BC curriculum
Practise test papers that are similar to AP exams
Attain comfort with use of technology for the test
Adapt to strategies and pacing required for success
- 50 hours of teaching sessions
- 30 hours of continuous assessment – doubt clarification, tutorials, homework, parent orientation & progress reports
- At the end of the course, mock exams will be held that are similar to actual AP exams encountered by students.
- The course will be delivered twice a week in sessions of 2 to 2.5 hours.
*Students enrolling for AP calculus BC will be provided with additional 20 hours of content.
21st Nov 2021, Saturday to 27th April 2022, Wednesday
(Wednesday & Saturday)
4:00 to 6:00pm
WHY AP CALCULUS?
How can we help
Please refer to the Contact Us page if you need help deciding courses or have any other inquiries so we can understand your needs. The appropriate team member will get in touch with you shortly.
You May Also Like
Being a student from an Indian Board, giving an international exam seemed challenging. But, with CourseLeap I was able to overcome this barrier and prepare for the exam with the help of competent teachers and mentors. This course gave me a headstart on mathematical concepts applied in university courses and made it enjoyable for me to learn Calculus.
As an IBDP math AI HL student I was very dependent upon the use of the calculator even for the simpler sums and neglected the idea of manual solving. But after taking up AP AB calculus my perspective changed as the use of the calculator minimized and I learned to use more manual methods to solve the questions. The teachers were very supportive and were quite well equipped with the course’s knowledge and requirements. I personally enjoyed the course and my experience with the teachers here at Course Leap.