With more than three decades of experience in both national and international curricula, Yogesh is a highly accomplished educationist who brings a wealth of expertise to CourseLeap. Her career has taken her from teaching Physics and Maths for the Indian national C.B.S.E. curriculum at schools in Delhi, to serve as Academic Director at Dhirubhai Ambani International School (DAIS) in Mumbai. Yogesh’s exceptional leadership at DAIS earned her a Letter of Appreciation from the school’s chairperson, Mrs. Nita Ambani.
Yogesh is currently serving as the Academic Adviser and Chief Instructor at CourseLeap
Yogesh started her career as a Physics and Maths teacher in Delhi, for the Indian national curriculum of the C.B.S.E in 1988, and she worked at the Army Public School and Modern School, Barakhamba Road. In 2000, she was appointed as the head of Educational and Customer Services at SchoolNet India Ltd, where she trained teachers and supervised the training and implementation of educational technology in close to 35 Mumbai schools.
Yogesh’s experience in International Curricula started with Dhirubhai Ambani International School, DAIS, when it opened in Mumbai in 2002. During her tenure at DAIS, Yogesh grew from being a founding teacher to the Director of Academics until July 2016.
As the simultaneous Head of the Mathematics Department, Yogesh was involved in the recruitment, appraisals and mentoring of teachers, leading two five years’ IB reviews in the dept., leading department workshops, student and parent orientations, setting up processes, practices and conducting students’ sessions on Theory of Knowledge and Extended Essay, Math Exploration for students and teachers. Under her leadership, the Department implemented and maintained academic excellence with way above world averages for IBD and a few India and world toppers for IGCSE every year.
Apart from her service as an educator, Yogesh has been an esteemed guest on a host of prestigious educational panels and events. She has served on the National Selection Committee for Full Bright, United States –India Educational Foundation in 2011 and 2017. Yogesh has also served on the Advisory Board at Heritage International Xperiential Learning School since 2017. Additionally, she was associated with Next Genius, a national academy for future leaders, promoting critical thinking skills and intellectual capital of youth towards the service of society.
As a result of Yogesh’s vision, CourseLeap is well-placed to assist schools in strategic planning for teachers’ professional development, offers in-depth academic assessment and consultation that provides objective recommendations based on formative teacher appraisal and students’ performance data to strengthen the aspects of international education including students’ results through internal audit and quality assurance for excellence. CourseLeap has offered valuable consultation to a host of international schools across the country including Neeraja Modi International School, Jaipur, Edubridge and JBCN Parel in Mumbai, Strawberry Fields High School, Chandigarh; Neev Academy, Bangalore; Woodstock School, Mussoorie and Heritage International Xperiential Learning School, Gurugram.
Through association with institutions such as CIS, Council of International Schools and IB Educator Network as IB workshop leader and School Site Visitor in Asia Pacific Region since, Yogesh is a skilled leader of current curricular reforms and global educational practice. She understands how to focus on school improvement in Indian international schools in order to deliver high quality global practices. As part of IBEN, Yogesh is an examiner for HL Math and is upskilled in the new Math subject changes for Analysis and Approaches (AA), Applications and Interpretations (AI), and TOK from the year 2019. She has conducted IB workshops since 2010, in Shanghai, Hong Kong, Jakarta and recently in Mumbai in the year 2022.
The chairperson of Dhirubhai Ambani International School, Mrs. Nita Ambani presented a Letter of Appreciation to our founder, Mrs. Yogesh Dhingra in 2016.
- Master’s Credit, Education - University of South Florida, Full Bright -Interactive Teaching in a Globalised World, 2010.
- Two Master's degrees, one in Education from University of Bath, UK with specialization in Educational Leadership and Management
- M. Sc. Masters in Science. Mathematics. Specialization in Computer Sciences. Delhi University. 1990
- University level: Rank holder, Delhi University (B.Sc. Physics –Hons), Scholarship Holder B.Ed. (Physics &Math), Merit-M.Ed.
- B.Ed. Bachelors in Education. Teaching subjects Physics and Maths. Delhi University. 1988
- B.Sc. Bachelors in Science. Physics Honours. Delhi University. 1987.
FOUNDER, ACADEMIC ADVISOR AND CHIEF INSTRUCTOR COURSELEAP EDUCATION
Our vision is to empower students and academic institutions to achieve excellence through the application of strong academic principles and practices within various international curricula.
As a consultant to various international schools, Yogesh guides them in self-study to strengthen their standards for IB and CIS evaluation and accreditation; reviewing and formulating effective curricula and academic policies; feasibility study of aligning various national and int’ curricula, assisting in strategic planning for teachers’ professional development and appraisal, strengthening data – driven systems for students’ results.
As chief instructor, she plans all the curricula for CourseLeap, takes master sessions for the IB Diploma, Pre-IB and Mid- IB Diploma math courses, in addition to consulting and delivering STEM courses.
DIRECTOR ACADEMICS AND HEAD OF MATHS:
DHIRUBHAI AMBANI INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL (2002 – 2016)
- Director-Academics (K-12: ICSE, IGCSE and IBD), 2015- 2016
- Chair of ‘Teaching and Learning’, CIS, Council of International Schools & NEASC, New England Association of Schools and Colleges – Self Study for school accreditation (2014-2016)
- HOD, Head of the Dept. Maths (IGCSE and IBD) 2006- 2016
- Coordinator- Curriculum (K-12: ICSE, IGCSE, IBD), 2012-2015
- IBDP Teacher- HL Maths (2006 -2016), SL, Maths Studies, IGCSE Maths. (2002-2015)
- Extended Essay Supervisor (2009-2016); CAS facilitator (2003-2009), TOK (2008-2015);
- IBD Student Admission - Panellist for student interactions. (2006-2016), Part of Start-up team for IGCSE and IBDP.
HEAD OF EDUCATIONAL LEARNING AND CUSTOMER SERVICE, THE K- 10 PROGRAMS. (2000 –2002)
- Schoolnet India Limited- Network Learning: An Educational Initiative of ILFS, Infrastructure Leasing Financial Services, Mumbai, India.
SENIOR SCHOOL TEACHER, MATHEMATICS AND PHYSICS: INDIAN NATIONAL CURRICULUM OF C.B.S.E, NEW DELHI (1988-2000)
- Modern School, Barakhamba Road, New Delhi (1994-2000),
- The Army Public School, Ridge Road, DhaulaKuan (1988 – 1994)
- IB ASIA PACIFIC EDUCATIONAL NETWORK, ASIA PACIFIC (2007-PRESENT)
- IB Workshop Leader for HL Maths IB teachers (Category 1, 2 and 3): Conducting teacher-training workshops in Asia Pacific Region for beginning to experienced teachers. (2010 - Present)
- HL IB Maths Examiner – Paper 3 Advanced Calculus (2007-2021),
- HL IB Math Examiner for Analysis and Approaches (AA) and Applications and Interpretation (AI) (2021- PRESENT)
- IBD School Site Visitor for school authorization and evaluation (2015- present)
- CIS, COUNCIL OF INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS (2015-PRESENT)
- Accreditation Visiting Team Member