BOARD AND PANEL MEMBER
HONOURS & AWARDS
Yogesh’s experience in IBD, International Baccalaureate Diploma Program and the IGCSE, International General Certificate of Secondary Education started with Dhirubhai Ambani International School, DAIS, when it opened in Mumbai in 2002. The challenging IBD Programme steered her teaching towards problem solving. Yogesh’s teaching methodology is designed to keep students completely engaged, motivated, on task, challenged and proud of their learning through opportunities of decision making and exploration of better methods that can equip students with skills requisite for university education. During her tenure at DAIS, Yogesh grew from being the founding teacher to the Head of the Math Dept. and Curriculum Coordinator to the Director Academics. While being the Academic Director at the institution, she continued to be the Head of Mathematics at DAIS until July 2016.
As the Head of the Mathematics Department, Yogesh was involved in the recruitment, appraisals and mentoring of teachers, leading two five years’ IB reviews in the dept., leading department workshops, student and parent orientations, setting up processes, practices and conducting students’ sessions on Theory of Knowledge and Extended Essay, Math Exploration for students and teachers. Yogesh personally undertook intellectual initiatives to encourage and train the department teachers with 3-4 students investigating complex mathematical applications every year. Under her leadership, the Department implemented and maintained academic excellence with way above world averages for IBD and a few India and world toppers for IGCSE every year.
In July 2016, Yogesh ventured to establish CourseLeap Education, offering tailored solutions for schools and students to achieve excellence through the application of strong academic principles and practices within various international curricula. CourseLeap is a young and dynamic organization in Mumbai, trying to address skill and competency gaps in pedagogy and learning through enrichment and elevation programmes for schools and students. For Students’ Vertical at CourseLeap, Yogesh successfully launched various Pre-College Programmes that include Pre-IB and Mid-IB Summer Programmes. All these courses stress on scholarship and critical thinking to prepare students for the intellectual rigour and independent learning methods so that students are better prepared to succeed at top global universities. Along with her colleagues at CourseLeap, Yogesh is currently conceptualizing and designing more courses to strengthen the upper secondary education. Flagship Courses include High School Accelerator Courses, Pre-IB, American Math Competitions and Pre University Courses.
As part of school services, Yogesh consults various international schools guiding them in self-study to strengthen their standards for IB and CIS evaluation and accreditation; aligning various national and international curricula and reviewing and formulating school academic policies. CourseLeap is well -placed to assist schools in strategic planning for teachers’ professional development, offers in-depth academic assessment and consultation that provides objective recommendations based on formative teacher appraisal and students' performance data to strengthen the aspects of international education including students’ results through internal audit and quality assurance for excellence. CourseLeap has/is engaged with Heritage Xperiential Learning School Gurgaon; Strawberry Fields High School, Chandigarh; JBCN Parel, Mumbai; Neev Academy, Bangalore; Edubridge International School, Mumbai; Woodstock School, Mussoorie, City Montessori School, Lucknow and Neeraja Modi International School, Jaipur. Yogesh is the member of the advisory board for the international school at the Heritage Xperiential Learning School (Gurgaon)
In November 2017, the Stars of the Industry Group presented Yogesh with Start-Up Professional of the Year under the Super Achievers’ category. Yogesh has also served as a panel member on various important educational platforms – Indian Education Summit , organised by Business World, a premier Indian business magazine; Fulbright, USIEF (United States- India Educational Foundation)’ for teacher selection; Next Genius, dedicated to promote critical thinking skills and foster the intellectual capital of youth towards the service of society.
Through association with institutions such as CIS, Council of International Schools and IB Educator Network as IB workshop leader and School Site Visitor in Asia Pacific Region, Yogesh is a skilled leader of current curricular reforms and global educational practice. She understands how to focus on school improvement in Indian international schools in order to deliver high quality global practices. As part of IBEN, Yogesh is an examiner for HL Math and is upskilled in the new Math subject changes and TOK from the year 2020. She has conducted IB workshops in Shanghai and Mumbai in the year 2019.
She has two Masters’ degrees, one in Education from University of Bath, UK with specialization in Educational Leadership and Management and the other in Mathematics from Delhi University. She also holds two bachelor’s degrees in Physics (Honours) and Education from Delhi University.
- M. Ed. Masters in Education: University of Bath, Specialization in Educational Leadership and Management. England, 2017.
- Master’s Credit, Education - University of South Florida, Full Bright -Interactive Teaching in a Globalised World, 2010.
- M.Sc. Masters in Science( Mathematics), Specialization in Computer Sciences, Delhi University. 1990
- B. Ed. Bachelors in Education Teaching (subjects Physics and Maths), Delhi University, 1988
- B.Sc. Bachelors in Science(Physics Honours), Delhi University, 1987.
University level: Rank holder, Delhi University (B.Sc. Physics –Hons), Scholarship Holder B.Ed. (Physics & Math), Merit-M.Ed.
FOUNDER, ACADEMIC ADVISOR AND CHIEF INSTRUCTOR COURSELEAP EDUCATION
Our vision is to empower students and academic institutions to achieve excellence through the application of strong academic principles and practices within various international curricula
▪ A consultant to various international schools guiding them in self-study to strengthen their standards for IB and CIS evaluation and accreditation; reviewing and formulating effective curricula and academic policies; feasibility study of aligning various national and int’ curricula, assisting in strategic planning for teachers’ professional development and appraisal, strengthening data – driven systems for students’ results for the IB Diploma, Deliver Pre and Mid- IB Diploma Programmes, consult and deliver STEM courses.
DIRECTOR ACADEMICS AND HEAD OF MATHS:
DHIRUBHAI AMBANI INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL (2002 – 2016)
- Director-Academics (K-12: ICSE, IGCSE and IBD), 2015- 2016
- Chair of ‘Teaching and Learning’, CIS, Council of International Schools & NEASC, New England Association of Schools and Colleges – Self Study for school accreditation (2014-2016)
- HOD, Head of the Dept. Maths (IGCSE and IBD) 2006- 2016
- Coordinator- Curriculum (K-12: ICSE, IGCSE, IBD), 2012-2015
- IBDP Teacher- HL Maths (2006 -2016), SL, Maths Studies, IGCSE Maths. (2002-2015)
- Extended Essay Supervisor (2009-2016); CAS facilitator (2003-2009), TOK (2008-2015);
- IBD Student Admission - Panellist for student interactions. (2006-2016), Part of Start-up team for IGCSE and IBDP.
HEAD OF EDUCATIONAL LEARNING AND CUSTOMER SERVICE, THE K- 10 PROGRAMS. (2000 –2002)
- Schoolnet India Limited- Network Learning: An Educational Initiative of ILFS, Infrastructure Leasing Financial Services, Mumbai, India.
SENIOR SCHOOL TEACHER, MATHEMATICS AND PHYSICS: INDIAN NATIONAL CURRICULUM OF C.B.S.E, NEW DELHI (1988-2000)
- Modern School, Barakhamba Road, New Delhi (1994-2000),
- The Army Public School, Ridge Road, DhaulaKuan (1988 – 1994)
- IB ASIA PACIFIC EDUCATIONAL NETWORK, ASIA PACIFIC (2007-PRESENT)
- IB Workshop Leader for HL Maths IB teachers (Category 1, 2 and 3): Conducting teacher-training workshops in Asia Pacific Region for beginning to experienced teachers. (2010 - Present)
- HL IB Maths Examiner – Paper 3 Advanced Calculus (2007-present)
- IBD School Site Visitor for school authorization and evaluation (2015- present)
- CIS, COUNCIL OF INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS (2015-PRESENT)
- Accreditation Visiting Team Member