Languages, Individuals and Society & Science
Pre IB Summer Programme
CourseLeap’s Pre IB courses aim to prepare students for the rigors of the International Baccalaureate Diploma program, which emphasizes critical thinking, independent learning, and interdisciplinary connections across all subjects. These courses will help students develop effective study habits, note- taking strategies, time management skills and research techniques in each of their respective subjects. It will also place importance on productive collaboration, developing a global perspective and appreciating scientific study and creativity. Overall, the course focuses on providing students with the skills, foundation, and knowledge they need to succeed in the IB program and beyond.
Each of our subject specific Pre IB courses are characterized by their own rigor and distinctiveness. They will help students from both IB and non-IB board streams to move seamlessly into IBDP by bridging the gap between different modes of teaching.
Pre IB Languages, Individuals and Society & Science Courses
Pre IB English
This Pre IB course aims to enhance students’ skills in textual analysis and essay writing, with a focus on a central concept and use of relevant literary terminology. Its purpose is to prepare students for the study of either the IBDP Literature and Language A or Literature A courses
- Critical and independent study of a variety of literary and some non literary genre
- Enhance the understanding of literary terminology and develop the ability to apply it effectively in literary analysis
- Acquire the skills necessary for writing an exceptional IBDP English essay.
- Preparation for the expectations of the oral components of the Internal Assessment
- Foster independent exploration of texts and effective use of textual evidence to support persuasive literary arguments
- Develop the ability to engage in discussions with critical and independent responses
- Develop independent strategies for the interpretation of unseen texts
Pre IB Economics
This Pre IB course is designed to cater to the learning needs of those students who have not studied Economics in the past. The concept based approach aims to develop an analytical bend of mind among its participants. On completion of the course, students should be able to think critically and apply economic theories to real world situations more comfortably.
- Train students to apply economic models and theories to real world situations
- Enable students to identify the economic facets of global issues
- Help students to develop critical thinking skills that allow them to review economic contexts and evaluate multiple outcomes.
- Develop students’ communication, enabling them to express their ideas coherently and effectively
- Teach students to apply their classroom learnings to new and unfamiliar situations, which is often required in both internal and external assessments in Economics
- Develop skill sets to apply classroom learning to new situations which is often the nature of internal as well as external assessments in Economics.
Pre IB Computer Science
This Pre IB course provides a strong foundation in computational thinking and programming, laying the groundwork for success in the IB programme.To succeed in computing, students need to grasp the fundamental concepts of computational thinking and possess knowledge of digital devices and their operations.
- Improve problem-solving, logical and critical thinking skills as well as investigative approaches
- Know and understand the course structure, content and the assessment model
- Develop an understanding of the Internal Assessment and marking criterion
- Develop an understanding of the Case Study based paper 3 and Extended Essay
Pre IB Spanish
The IB Diploma Programme requires all students to take a second language as part of their Group 2 selection. This Pre IB course will provide students with a solid foundation in the Spanish language and equip them with the skills to understand and meet the criteria used to evaluate both Internal and External Assessments that they will encounter in their language studies.
Our course will cover the following concepts:
- Identities – Yourself and other people
- Experiences – Daily Routine, Leisure, Festivals and Celebrations
- Human Ingenuity – Transport, Entertainment
- Social Organisation – Neighbourhood, Education and Work
- Sharing the Planet – Climate, Physical Geography
Pre IB Chemistry
This Pre IB course is designed to prepare students for the rigor and complexity of the IB Chemistry program. It aims to provide students with a solid foundation in the fundamental concepts and skills necessary for success in the higher-level course.
Students will learn how to ask scientific questions, design experiments, collect and analyze data, and draw conclusions based on their findings. They will also develop their problem-solving, scientific inquiry, communication, critical thinking and mathematical skills.
- Understand the fundamental concepts and principles of Chemistry
- Impart critical thinking skills to apply taught concepts in known and unknown situations effectively
- Apply the acquired knowledge and skills in practical situations
- Prepare for the IB Chemistry first quarter course or other advanced level Chemistry topics
- Acquaint students with Internal Assessment criteria & format for Chemistry & submit a mini task
- Inculcate and develop work habits to succeed in IBDP Chemistry
Pre IB Physics
This course is designed to introduce students to the fundamental concepts of physics and develop their skills in analyzing and solving physics problems. It features introduction to the curriculum, planning a lab investigation, developing Research Skills and Communication through scaffolded tasks. It emphasizes immersion in understanding of the scientific skills, scientific research and demonstration of scientific and investigative skills required for individual investigation.
- Understand the fundamental concepts and principles of physics
- Analyze and solve physics problems using mathematical equations and formulas
- Apply the acquired knowledge and skills in practical situations
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Prepare for the IB Physics first quarter course or other advanced level physics topics
- Acquaint students with Internal Assessment criteria & format for Physics
Following the personalised and group Pre IBcourses, unlisted courses are available on request.
How can we help
Please refer to the Contact Us page if you need help deciding courses or have any other inquiries so we can understand your needs. The appropriate team member will get in touch with you shortly.
You May Also Like
Pre IB Math
Students can utilize a part of the relaxed summer months after Grade 10 to prepare students for their IBDP journey in a holistic and robust manner. Inculcating the right expectations and skills at an early stage, provides students with a head start in their IBDP to avoid stress and target exceptional performance when school opens.
Pre IB Introduction to the IB Core (TOK, EE, CAS)
The course is created to prepare students for attainment of the ‘core’ of the IB Diploma Programme (Theory of Knowledge, Extended Essay and Creativity, Activity, Service), which requires interdisciplinary skills to ‘Critically Read, Write, Research, & Reflect’. These skills are invaluable for individual subjects generally, and specifically, in the internal assessment component.
Personalised Online Tutoring
Our customizable personalised online IBDP , MYP , IGCSE & A Level tutoring aims to raise students’ performance by elevating the motivation levels and independent problem solving. It enables us to offer differentiated and accelerated learning as per students’ individual needs to help boost their high school grades and achieve university admissions goals.
9-12th graders will get the chance to engage in college-level coursework in their AP subjects and prepare for success in their corresponding exams. They will engage in problem-solving, analytical reasoning while developing strong communication and research skills. The course aims to help students stand out in the college application process and demonstrate their academic ability to prospective colleges and universities.
International Math Olympiads
Our Flagship courses help prepare students for International Math Olympiads and have been designed with the rigorous demands of these prestigious contests in mind. Students will learn through a module-based approach that will cover relevant theories, effective problem solving strategies and topic coverage for these examinations.
AMC 8, 10 & 12 and AIME
Provide an opportunity for 9th- 12th graders to develop positive attitudes towards analytical thinking and mathematics that can assist in future careers, while also equipping them with the skills and abilities needed to successfully approach the final AMC 10 & 12 contests. Our module-based approach covers each topic area included in the exams and introduces students to relevant theory, practice problems, homework, and regular mock tests.