High School Accelerator
Developing problem-solving skills and statistical literacy are critical components of any well-rounded maths education which involves investigative approaches, skills of proofs and reasoning as well as data handling, and applications to real world problems.
Courseleap offers courses that can help students acquire these skills such that they can build their academic profile and enhance their abilities to achieve success in the future. It helps students go beyond basic maths concepts and explore more complex problem-solving techniques. Through a variety of proofs and problems, students can develop their ability to manipulate variables and discover patterns or approaches that lead to new insights.
We also inculcate statistical literacy, algorithmic thinking, and data modelling through utilising powerful spreadsheet-oriented techniques and visual representations of information, such that students can accurately assess situations and make better decisions.
These courses are designed for motivated students in grades 8-10 and assume a basic knowledge of maths concepts. They can lay a strong foundation for competitive exams and advanced maths courses in high school, while also gaining skills that are increasingly in demand in today’s world. With CourseLeap’s focus on quality education and engaging learning experiences, these courses can help students excel and succeed in their academic and professional pursuits.
Who is it for?
Courses we offer
Art of problem solving
The Art of Problem solving (AOP) course exposes students to a variety of proofs and problems, including famous theorems proved by great mathematicians. It aims to inspire students and help them develop the ability to manipulate variables and to discover patterns or approaches leading to new insights for problem solving. This will broaden their knowledge and understanding of well-known results and how to apply them in various new situations.
- Learn to use various types of reasoning and proof building skills.
- Apply and adapt appropriate strategies to solve problems.
- Develop patience and persistence in problem solving.
- Develop strong analytical skills through practice of advanced maths problems.
- Learn to apply technology and software tools in a mathematical context.
- Appreciate understanding of how maths has progressed over centuries.
- Encourage group and individual explorations and investigations.
- Learn how maths has been helping sciences and various applications in real life context.
- Lay a strong foundation for international maths competitions.
- Provides students an edge in their study of school maths.
Data Analytics and Math Application using Microsoft Excel
This course will help students unlock the power of data using the data analysis and visualisation tools built into Excel. Active student engagement is at the heart of the course. Bringing visual, hands-on exercises into the learning process will turn students from almost passive spectators into active participants.
Each teaching module includes practical examples that show how to apply the techniques to real-world problems that require data handling and analysis. We inculcate foundational concepts, including basic statistical calculations, in students after which they will learn how to visualise data, relationships, and future results with Excel’s histograms, graphs, and charts.
- Mastering the basics of Excel and visualisation of data.
- Understanding trends based on types of charts.
- Introduction to Data Analysis including Mean, Median, Mode, Quartiles and Outliers.
- Working with Percentiles and Frequency Curves.
- Learning about correlation, simple regression analysis and curve fitting.
- Applying learnings to real-life data and case studies through Finale tasks.
How can we help
Please refer to the Contact Us page if you need help deciding courses or have any other inquiries so we can understand your needs. The appropriate team member will get in touch with you shortly.
You May Also Like
International Math Olympiads
Our Flagship courses help prepare students for International Math Olympiads and have been designed with the rigorous demands of these prestigious contests in mind. Students will learn through a module-based approach that will cover relevant theories, effective problem solving strategies and topic coverage for these examinations.
9-12th graders will get the chance to engage in college-level coursework in their AP subjects and prepare for success in their corresponding exams. They will engage in problem-solving, analytical reasoning while developing strong communication and research skills. The course aims to help students stand out in the college application process and demonstrate their academic ability to prospective colleges and universities.
Personalised Online Tutoring
Our customizable personalised online IBDP , MYP , IGCSE & A Level tutoring aims to raise students’ performance by elevating the motivation levels and independent problem solving. It enables us to offer differentiated and accelerated learning as per students’ individual needs to help boost their high school grades and achieve university admissions goals.
Review High School Accelerator Math Courses.