The study of Statistics is an important tool today to understand a vast majority of data. The importance of statistics has increased greatly as with ever increasing data, we can easily make hypotheses to do testing on the data and see where things go from our prior experiences. It also helps us understand the probability of things around us including something as simple as playing a game of cards to the rate of death of heart patients given certain factors.
Knowledge of Statistics gives us a solid background for quantitative reasoning in all majors and is favoured by most admission officers in STEM, Business and Social Sciences (including economics) majors. Studying AP statistics can prove to colleges that you are ready to challenge yourself and have diverse interests. Thus, it is an easy way to gain credit in college.
Who is it for ?
This course is primarily for students who are interested in mathematics, ready to challenge themselves and have a solid mathematics base upto 10th grade. It is equally useful for students from Social Sciences & STEM majors.
Students who are studying-
- IB Math Analysis and Approaches at Higher Level (HL) or Standard Level (SL)
- IB Math Application & Interpretation at Standard Level (SL)
- CBSE/ ISC in 10th, 11th or 12th grade
- Any other national curriculum
- Any other students recommended by faculty are recommended to take this course
*This course assumes no prior knowledge of statistics.
Selecting statistical methods
Using Probability & Simulation
- 25 sessions of teaching for 2 hours each week once or twice
- 20 hours of continuous assessment – doubt clarification, tutorials, homework, parent orientation & progress reports
18th Nov 2021 to 5th May 2022 (Thursday)*
4:30pm to 6:30pm
*Tentative Dates & Timings
*Break can be given between March/ April for school exams if required for the cohort of students
* This course can also be completed in 3 months time based on the cohort of students
How can we help
Please refer to the Contact Us page if you need help deciding courses or have any other inquiries so we can understand your needs. The appropriate team member will get in touch with you shortly.