Centre for Education in Mathematics and Computing (CEMC) is Canada’s largest organization for promoting and creating mathematics activities and resources. CEMC is housed within the faculty of mathematics at the University of Waterloo and organizes various contests for students in grade 5 to 12 round the year.
These are online contests that assess a student’s problem-solving skills and logical thinking. Writing CEMC contests present students with the opportunity to connect with the global community of mathematics enthusiasts.The difficulty level of these contests are intermediate level and primarily focused on cultivating love for mathematics amongst students. Thus, these contests challenge students around the world with a range of ability to grow logical thinking and problem solving skills.
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Students from grade 9-11 across all curricula who want to develop logical thinking and problem solving skills and want to learn mathematics beyond their school level.
- Grade 7-8 students who were part of our AMC-8 prep course are also welcome to join this course.
- Motivated students of grade 8 who wish to challenge themselves beyond their grade level
- Students who are in CourseLeap’s AMC-10 and AMC-12 prep course need not to join.
Teach Students transferrable problem-solving skills for math at school and beyond.
Provide a challenging course in mathematics across curricula.
Develop in students the capacity for learning and clear logical thinking.
Covers nuanced and exam-specific problem-solving strategies and methods to increase speed and accuracy.
Rigorously practice past test papers followed by doubt sessions.
Provide a gateway to students wishing to pursue STEM courses in future.
- The 35 hours course will be delivered in about 20 sessions in seven-weeks.
- 14 Classes of 1 hours 45 minutes will be held on weekends (every Saturday and Sunday).
- Tight student support through doubt clarification, premium problem solving and feedback is an integral part of CourseLeap philosophy for excellent results.
- Weekly Doubt clarification sessions (6 in total) will be held separately for grade 8 & 9 and 10 & 11 on every Thursday.
- These sessions will involve rigorous teaching, mock tests, home assignments and doubt sessions.
14th February to 21st February 2021
Saturday & Sunday – Module based teaching + Complex problem solving + Test Prep
Thursday – Doubt Clarifications + Feedbacks
How can we help
Please refer to the Contact Us page if you need help deciding courses or have any other inquiries so we can understand your needs. The appropriate team member will get in touch with you shortly.
You May Also Like
I have taken three courses until now of CourseLeap, and all of them have been exceptional. I have learnt a lot in all of those courses and they have really helped me excel. The first course I took was the AMC 8 course which led me to get a 23/25 and a Distinguished Honour Roll in the exam. After that, I took the Data Analytics and CEMC courses, and I am just as positive that I will do as well in all of them thanks to CL’s guidance.
It was an amazing course, and I had a lot of fun, learned a lot and the teachers were great.
A great course where a myriad of strategies and approaches are taught and explained.
The CEMC course has helped me understand the pattern of the paper, and learn creative ways to solve problems. It also helped me avoid making careless mistakes. We learned indispensable strategies for improving test-taking abilities which were wonderful, and honed our problems solving skills in an engaging and enjoyable manner!
In my journey to achieve a high mark for the Cayley 2021 exam, I was puzzled as to what the steps for my learning should be. For this reason, I took a recommendation from my career counsellor and chanced upon this centre for education. Coursleap provides teachers for its students to be able to comprehensively grasp concepts with a personal touch, leading to a higher plane of understanding of advanced mathematical topics. After going through with the course, I have reached a stage that I didn’t think I could have reached using independent learning styles. I would take the opportunity to learn from this centre in a heartbeat if I went back in time.
I was a part of the CEMC Fermat and Hypatia 2021 prep course. The overall course structure and content was very organized and apt for the examinations, and the regular mock paper practice and doubt solving sessions helped me to improve my score and problem solving skills. The portal used to send weekly practice questions and papers was extremely useful.