Level 1 – Grade 7-9 | Level 2 – Grade 8 – 10 | Level 3 – Exam Prep Intensive
There is no point having great ideas if you cannot express them effectively. Written Communication in English is an essential skill in school, university and one’s professional life.
This course, ideal for students in Grade 7 to 9, focuses on reading analysis, writing and oral presentation skills.
Students will discuss stories, poetry and plays, looking at what makes them good and exploring how the language works, before learning how to structure their own analytical response to these texts. They will also explore different styles of writing, for example to persuasive or descriptive writing, alongside opportunities to develop grammar, vocabulary and creative writing skills.
* Whether you are an aspiring writer or just keen to improve your performance in school, this course will provide you with a strong foundation in English as you move through school, be it IGCSE, ICSE or MYP programmes.
Students will learn how to structure paragraphs and essays, including introductions and conclusions. They will study comparative poetry, advanced prose, writing to explain and describe, extended descriptive writing, Shakespeare and Oral Presentation skills. These areas will push students beyond the basics and get them doing extended writing in line with what they will eventually be required to achieve in their board exams.
* The Intermediate English course is specially conceptualised and designed for all curricula students (IGCSE/ICSE/MYP) studying in Grade 8 to 10 who will develop detailed skills required to excel in English. Students pursuing the Cambridge Program will benefit with the approach of the course through the lens of the IGCSE English Syllabus skill requirements.
Students will study past exam papers and exemplar answers, and work on their own responses, looking also at various exam tips and techniques. They will learn how to structure paragraphs and essays, including introductions and conclusions.
*The English: Exam Intensive course is specially conceptualised and designed for IGCSE students who need to develop detailed skills required to excel in English examinations.
*Students will receive detailed individual feedback on assessment tasks given throughout all levels of the course.
- 24 hours of teaching sessions
- 6 hours of continuous assessment, feedback, parent orientation & progress reports
Monday 22nd to Fri 26th March
Mon 29th to 31st Wed March
4:00 to 7:00pm
- 18 hours of teaching sessions
- 7 hours of continuous assessment, feedback, parent orientation & progress reports
18th, 19th, 25th, 26th Nov | 2nd, 3rd Dec
4:30 to 7:30pm
(Thursday & Friday)
- 20 hours of teaching sessions
- 5 hours of continuous assessment, feedback, parent orientation & progress reports
Fri to Sun: 25th – 27th June
Thurs to Sat: 1st – 3rd July
4:00 to 7:30pm
*Available for a small group of students on request
How can we help
Please refer to the Contact Us page if you need help deciding courses or have any other inquiries so we can understand your needs. The appropriate team member will get in touch with you shortly.
You May Also Like
The 8 classes were really fun and interactive. Mr. Nick Pillow is an amazing teacher and I had a lot of fun doing these classes even though they were long!
I really loved this course it was a great mix of fun, work and humor. This course has helped me develop my writing skills and help me understand what a good form of writing looks like. Overall if you are looking to do an English course to improve your skills then I would definitely suggest this course.
It was a lot of fun with Nick. I learned a lot while having a lot of fun, it was too good!!!