How to Excel in Mathematics: High School, University & Careers
- June 14, 2022
About the Event:
On 14th August 2021, at 5:00 pm IST, CourseLeap organized a unique and impactful webinar – How to Excel in Mathematics: High School, University and Careers. Mrs. Yogesh Dhingra, the founder of CourseLeap, initiated the session by explaining how, for a 21st – century learner, mathematics is more relevant than ever before : be it in the fields of statistics, applied math, numerical analysis or computing to begin with. The session was moderated by Mrs. Dhingra and Mr. Barry Phipps, a distinguished educator and former Head of the Counselling Department at Dhirubhai Ambani International School. As ninety minutes of this engaging webinar came to pass, Mrs. Dhingra and Mr. Phipps concluded the evening with a graceful acknowledgement that the advice given by the panelists was both valuable and beautiful.
Introducing our phenomenal Panelists:
- Arjun Pawar (UCLA) – Interned with CourseLeap as Peer Mentor and Teaching Assistant for various courses such as:
- AMC 10 & 12 (2020)
- Math: Art of Problem Solving (2020),
- AP-Calculus (development) and Data Analytics Course (2020)
- Heritage International Xperiential School IGCSE Bridge (2021)
- Pre-IB Math (2021).
- Dhruv Bhat (NYU Abu Dhabi) – Interned with CourseLeap as a Peer mentor and a Support Instructor for AMC 8 from the development to the delivery of the course.
- Drumee Shah (Pomona College) – Interned with CourseLeap as a Peer Mentor for Pre-IB Math and AMC and a Support Instructor for the Pre-University Multivariable Calculus course in 2019 – 2020
- Nandish Vora (Emory University) – Interned with CourseLeap in the summer of 2020 for Pre-IB Math and Calculus 1, 2 & 3 courses
- Tanvi Hisaria (Columbia University) – Interned with CourseLeap since 2016, for AMC 10/12 courses and also guidance for research work in Extended Essay.
- Varshika Prasanna (NYU) – Interned with CourseLeap for Pre-IB Math and further worked as a co-instructor for Data Analytics with MS Excel and was able to impart her love for math to young and eager students.
Key Takeaways from the Math Event:
- CourseLeap – Tutoring and IB Preparation
- How CourseLeap Motivates Mathematical Thinking
- Persistence and Personal Engagement with Mathematics
- Mathematics and Making Academic Careers