Revise Like a Pro: How to Ace Your IB Exams with CourseLeap’s Revision Courses
- December 15, 2022
“Revision is at the top of my list of favourite things to do” said no one ever. Preparing for exams is indeed a daunting task for students, and the idea of revision can seem like a true nightmare. However, with exam season slowly approaching, students ideally should be engaged in a regular revision schedule with well-organised study materials and classroom notes. Unfortunately, many students procrastinate and put off revision until the last minute, making it impossible to master their subject material and reach their full potential. To avoid this, it’s important to incorporate revision into your weekly schedule. In this article, we will explore four compelling reasons why regular revision is necessary for academic success:
- Revising as early as possible will allow you to truly grasp the study material and understand it. Preparation for your mocks provides a great opportunity to have a full and rigorous run through the entire syllabus, receive feedback on the diversity of questions in the various types of exam questions, and gauge what giving the final IB exams are like. “A few weeks prior to my examinations I took up the Math AA HL revision course and the preparation, which I did, was monumental in helping me achieve the desired grades. I was overjoyed to meet my conditional offer for the prestigious LSE”, says Rhea Bhasin, our former student from Cathedral & John Canon School Mumbai.
- A more profound understanding of all the components of the IB examinations will automatically give you the ability to work on the topics you need improvement in, clarify all necessary doubts well in advance, and enjoy the whole experience of learning. Through this process, you can truly soak in the content of the curriculum and apply strategies suitable for IB style thinking questions aided by the gained confidence you will acquire with the revision sessions.
- After working through a well-structured revision plan, you will end up feeling less stressed and anxious the week before the examinations begin, and will also have the ability to approach each one with a calm, composed, and clear state of mind. This intense preparation is conducive to achieving the best grades in the final exams and getting into the most prominent universities with your credits while meeting all conditional offers.
- To secure the highest grades, students require a robust understanding of the key concepts, the ability to critically and analytically deduce solutions, adhere to the instructions, command terms, and expectations set by the IB syllabi, and immense practice. A solid understanding of examiner expectations clearly guides students to focus in the right direction to find a strong foothold and secure their desired targets. Strategic revision practice introduces this terminology early on and ensures that you feel exam-ready and grade-confident!
CourseLeap’s immersive IB revision courses aim to equip students with techniques to achieve their goals. Our sessions are led by qualified instructors and online IB tutors with over three decades of experience. We offer a detailed understanding of all components of the syllabus and insightful analysis through personalised feedback. Our revision plan is based on the student’s specific needs, providing them with the understanding of the subject matter as well as the examiner’s expectations. Our holistic set of objectives include:
- A detailed analysis based on the student’s work samples and baseline test results.
- Increased confidence for students to achieve their predicted scores in their final examinations.
- Meticulous topic wise reviews of key concepts, problem-solving strategies, common errors, corrective strategies and high-level problem/doubt resolution.
- An organised revision process with outcomes set for each study session.
- Mock exam testing with a personalised review and critical feedback.
Ace your IBDP Mock exams and Finals with our top-notch IBDP Revision courses! Contact us now to find out more!